Budget & Salary Information
Budget Information - Each year, the Board of Trustees review and approve by resolution, the District's Budget for the upcoming fiscal year. This includes a breakdown of the projected General Fund revenues and expenditures, the Pre-Need Fund and the Endowment Principal and Income Funds. Staff and the Board work together beginning in January to prepare for the fiscal year ahead. Below is a summary of the steps completed in preparation for the 2022-23 fiscal year budget.
- February 2 - General Manager met visrtually with Cemetery Managers to discuss current year projects and requested input on operationals needs for the 2021-22 budget
- February 23 - Communications & Public Relations Committee Meeting ws held to discuss events for 2022-23, which will need funding allocated to be included in the 2022-23 budget.
- March 10 - General Manager met with Cemetery Managers to review proposed projects, staffing levels, maintenance needs and equipment purchases
- April 13 - General Manager and Finance & Accounting Manager worked to gather information and to prepare for the Gann Limit, preliminary budget, fee review summary, reserves and fund balances
- April 22 - Review preliminary operations budget, capital improvement budget and fees analysis with Cemetery Managers and Management staff
- May 25 - Finance & Investment Committee virtually met and reviewed the Gann Limit, preliminary budget, proposed fee adjustments, reserves and fund balance summary and supported recommendation for staff to present to Board at June 7 Board Meeting
- June 7 - Board reviewed and approved ther Gann Appropriations Limit, Fee Adjustments and the 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget.
A summary of the 2022-23 fiscal year budget can be reviewed by clicking on the link below. The District has also put together a Budget Presentation below, which shows details of the District's operational and capital improvement budgets.2023-23 Fiscal Year BudgetBudget Presentation
Union Information - Staff employed as a Lead Worker or Groundskeeper are represented by Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 721 CTW-CLC. Below is a ocpy of the 2022-2025 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the District and the Union. Below is a PDF link to the breakdown of the union salary schedules for the groundkeepers (GK) and lead workers (LW)2022-2025 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)Union Member Salary Ranges
Salary Information - The Orange County Cemetery District has twenty-six full-time employees and two part-time employees, and have oversight by five Board of Trustees. The District feels strongly that the public has a right to know what compensation and benefits are paid to the employees and Trustees. Below is the summary of the salary and benefit information for all of the District's positions. The General Manager is employed by the Board of Trustees.Below is a link to review a copy of the current employee agreement. Also, the District's contract legal counsel agreement is posted below.District Salary and Benefit SummaryGeneral Manager's Employmwent AgreementDistrict's Contract Legal Counsel Agreement
Here is the State Controller's website for the District's salary information submitted each year in October.
Retirement Information - The District participates in the Orange County Employee Retirement System (OCERS). There are two retirement plans provided for district employees; 2%@55 for Legacy Employees and 2.5%@67 for PEPRA Employees. The District's employers retirement rate for the 2022-23 fiscal year is 15.68% (for Legacy Employees) and 14.65% (for PEPRA Employees). Visit the OCERS website here
If you would like more detailed information, please contact the District office at (949) 951-9102.