Budget Information - Each year, the Board of Trustees review and approve by resolution, the District's Budget for the upcoming fiscal year. This includes a breakdown of the projected General Fund revenues and expenditures, the Pre-Need Fund and the Endowment Principal and Income Funds. Staff and the Board work together beginning in January to prepare for the fiscal year ahead. Below is a summary of the steps completed or to be taken in preparation for the 2022-23 fiscal year budget.
- February 2 - General Manager met visrtually with Cemetery Managers to discuss current year projects and requested input on operationals needs for the 2021-22 budget
- February 23 - Communications & Public Relations Committee Meeting ws held to discuss events for 2022-23, which will need funding allocated to be included in the 2022-23 budget.
- March 10 - General Manager met with Cemetery Managers to review proposed projects, staffing levels, maintenance needs and equipment purchases
- April 13 - General Manager and Finance & Accounting Manager worked to gather information and to prepare for the Gann Limit, preliminary budget, fee review summary, reserves and fund balances
- April 22 - Review preliminary operations budget, capital improvement budget and fees analysis with Cemetery Managers and Management staff
- May 25 - Finance & Investment Committee virtually met and reviewed the Gann Limit, preliminary budget, proposed fee adjustments, reserves and fund balance summary and supported recommendation for staff to present to Board at June 7 Board Meeting
- June 7 - Board reviewed and approved ther Gann Appropriations Limit, Fee Adjustments and the 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget.
A summary of the 2022-23 fiscal year budget can be reviewed by clicking on this budget link. The District has also put together this Budget Presentation, which shows details of the District's operational and capital improvement budgets.