Budget Information - Each year, the Board of Trustees review and approve by resolution, the District's Budget for the upcoming fiscal year. This includes a breakdown of the projected General Fund revenues and expenditures, the Pre-Need Fund and the Endowment Principal and Income Funds. Staff and the Board work together beginning in January to prepare for the fiscal year ahead. Below is a summary of the steps completed or to be taken in preparation for the 2022-23 fiscal year budget.
- February 2 - General Manager met with Cemetery Managers to discuss current year projects and requested input on operational needs for the 2022-23 budget
- February 23 - Communications & Public Relations Committee Meeting was held to discuss events for 2022-23, which will need funding allocated to be included in the 2022-23 budget.
- March 10 - General Manager met with Cemetery Managers to review proposed projects, staffing levels, maintenance needs and equipment purchases
- April 13 - General Manager and Finance & Accounting Manager worked to gather information and to prepare for the Gann Limit, preliminary budget, fee review summary, reserves and fund balances
- April 22 - Review preliminary operations budget, capital improvement budget and fees analysis with Cemetery Managers and Management staff
- May 25 - Finance & Investment Committee met and reviewed the Gann Limit, preliminary budget, proposed fee adjustments, reserves and fund balance summary and supported recommendation for staff to present to Board at June 7 Board Meeting
- June 7 - Board reviewed and approved ther Gann Appropriations Limit, Fee Adjustments and the 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget.